Here you can find our ACTIPROS-Toolbox and information about the structure and the use of the toolbox.
The Federal Ministry of Health (BMG) funded the project ACTIPROS from 2019 to 2022 (funding code 1504/54401). The aim was to implement the national recommendations for physical activity and the promotion of physical activity for the setting school. Based on the realization that a “one fits all”- base is unlikely to be successful, we compiled a toolbox containing several interventions, from which each school can choose individually the intervention that fits best to its goals and requirements.
Only scientifically evaluated interventions were admitted to the ACTIPROS-Toolbox. A worldwide search for interventions published in scoping reviews served as a basis. That means each intervention has been individually tested for effectiveness.
Only interventions from the scoping review with at least partial positive effects on physical activity and/or the fitness of children have been shortlisted. These interventions were rated and sorted by points using certain criteria developed by local stakeholder (teachers, school councils, pediatricians,…) and international experts. Afterwards, the authors of the best interventions were asked if they want to provide their intervention for the ACTIPROS-Toolbox.
The next step for the ACTIPROS-Team was to gather and translate materials (instructions, poster,…) for every single intervention.
The latest toolbox contains interventions from non-european schoolsystems, like interventions for the american after-school-use. These interventions may be applicable in schools with afternoon childcare.
The interventions in the toolbox are described in keywords on three pages, so that fitting interventions can be found quickly. Furthermore, the interventions were allocated to the six fields of the WHO Health Promoting Schools Framework:
Like this, it is possible to identify the fields, in which the intervention attaches, and the degree of its complexity.
At the moment, we are not allowed to make the contents of the interventions freely accessible, but they can be requested by mail. The ACTIPROS-Team is looking forward to advise you on the use of the toolbox and/or on the performing of an intervention.
It is important to us, that the schoolchildren are involved in the selection of the interventions, too (keyword: participation). Studies show, that this increases the acceptance of the children and that unwanted interventions, from the part of the children, are less often chosen.
Giving so many and especially younger children a share on the selection is truly a challenge. We made positive experiences by using following procedure:
- Teachers or rather school staff exclude interventions, that are out of question because of organizational and spatial reasons
- The interventions are reduced to 5 or 6 to be left
- Every class selects “detectives of motion”, a group of 3 to 4 children representing the whole spectrum of “physical activity motivation” (it means, not only pupil that are enthusiastic about physical activity)
- The 5 to 6 interventions that are worthy of consideration are presented to the “detectives of motion” by the provider of the interventions together with the teachers
- The “detectives of motion” of all classes participating now select, together with the teachers, the interventions to carry out